Here at KAC, we do all we can to equip and empower couples to establish and build Christ-centered, life-giving relationships within God’s sacred design for marriage.
What You Need to Know:
- At Kamloops Alliance Church we believe that God’s perfect design for marriage is for physical, emotional, and spiritual oneness to exist in a lifelong union between one man and one woman. You can find the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada’s full Statement on Human Sexuality HERE.
- To have one of our pastors officiate your ceremony, we require that couples complete our marriage preparation program, or an approved equivalent, prior to your wedding date. If choosing our program, we require a minimum of 3 months’ notice to complete the process, though 6 months is ideal.
- The first step in our marriage preparation program is an assessment called SYMBIS: Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts. This is a research-based, valuable tool to help you get started right. Once completed, you will be matched with a trained SYMBIS facilitator couple who will help you understand and apply your results over a period of 3-4 sessions. There is a cost for the assessment of $35 USD per couple. To find out more about SYMBIS, click HERE.
- If you’d prefer to have a Marriage Commissioner perform a legal wedding according to the province of British Columbia, you can find one HERE. Having a non-church officiant requires approval by a member of the pastoral team. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SYMBIS (or an approved equivalent) is a pre-requisite even for booking the facilities with using a non-church officiant.
- The cost of booking the facility is $400, which includes chapel, preparation rooms, sound technician, and custodian.
- A suggested honorarium for a KAC pastor officiant is $100-$300, in-house musicians is $100-$300.
To start the process of holding your wedding at KAC, having one of our pastors officiate your wedding, or starting the marriage preparation program, please complete the form below and one of our team members will connect with you soon.